Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Las Terrazas de la Torre Visit on 13th April

I made a visit to Terrazas on 13th April. I had hoped to get over there earlier in my Easter visit but things were busier than I had expected  with a couple of shopping trips for my La Torre property needed and then the arrival of some family.

My visit was on a pretty dull day which was a pity from the point of view of taking photographs as most of our time was nice and sunny but yet again I was impressed both by the progress since my last visit but also the amount of work being done on site.

The only disappointment was that there didn't appear to be any golf on offer. No flags on greens so  I am assuming the opening date has come & gone without anything happening. If anyone knows different please advise. I seem to remember that there was to be a competition in April but note that it is now slated for May.

I was able to drive in "unopposed" for a change and was able to get down to the Town Centre but no further. Then I parked at Stephie Graff & went for a walk on the golf course.

The Town Centre continues to evolve and is beginng to take on a shape with windows and doorways defined and a large part of it plastered and painted. Interestingly on the PW HQ model it was originally to be terracotta matching Las Islas apartments but is actually white.




  


There doesn't appear to have been anything done recently to the "Old House" which looks just the same as when I last saw it. There may have been something done internally but I doubt it.



The thing I saw was the work on the 4 blocks on Phase 2. I was a little disappointed that it hadn't jumped out of the ground! It didn't appear to be much more developed than in some of the February photos but there was work going on, cement being poured etc.








By far the most interesting thing I saw was that they appear to have started another 3 or 4 apartment blocks. The one below is on the Phase 1 side of the road leading in towards the Town Centre from the Phase 2 side.




These appear to be on the same side of the road.






Finally, the golf course. I had not walked on it since last August and it may have been my imagination but there seemed to be a much more mature look to it and the place really is taking shape.




See what I mean? All of those individual bushes with 8 months growth are begining to look like they have been there for years. 




It looks as if there will be plenty of trouble to be found!




I played at La Torre when I was over and there are some pretty interesting slopes on the greens but I don't think that they will come close to Terrazas in terms of some the humps and hollows.

Picture yourself putting from one level to the other on the one below - some of the slopes have secondary slopes.




I just hope when it is all up and running that the greens aren't too tricked up, we aren't all pros!


I am back over in early July, so as usual, any updates and photos from anyone there in the meantime will be gratefully received!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics, town centre certainly is coming on nicely. I am over for a few days in May, then again first 2 weeks in June, block 16, look me up.
    Kim R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, not over again until July myself. Understand that Town Centre now completely white on the outside. Still making progress - lets hope the news on PW is good after the 22nd

    Thanks
    Dave

    ReplyDelete